Jason Geh - My Journey Around Malaysia & Cambodia



This is a self-produced music video of my journey around Malaysia and Cambodia. I am a Malaysian musician who's main instrument is piano. I've been playing piano with various band setting for years. I started playing jazz piano after my brief stint with our local jazz great Michael Veerapen.

I pick up the saxophone about a year ago and realize how tough an instrument it is to play. I guess the same goes for picking up any new instrument for that matter.

Places in Malaysia that are featured in this video are Awana, Gua Tempurung, Langkawi, Pulau Payar, Frasers hill, Cameron highlands, and on Cambodia side, Prasat Kravan, Bayon, Tonle Sap, Angkor Wat, Baphuon, Phimeanakes, Ta Prohm and Phnom Bakheng.

This is a song that I've compose, arrange, program and perform on both the keyboards and saxophone. This is going out to the world prompting awakening and for people to realize what is happening around us. The abuse of mother nature, endless strive for meaningless material possessions, famine... how much more can the world take?

The world is heading full speed at the wrong direction but most are oblivious or remain ignorant. The quest for consciousness is at direct conflict with the struggle to survive in this competitive world where more wealth, more accomplishments, more possesions is regarded by society as being "successful" thinking that acquiring those will create ultimate happiness. But the fact is, there will always be another goal to conquer. When are people going to slow down and just "be"?

Here's a quote by author James Endredy for you to ponder upon, "anything that you struggle too much for, you will be afraid of losing".

This video is my way of communicating to the world with a message to be conscious and to make a change. A small stone thrown in lake will cause ripples throughout the surface. What you do matters, however irrelevant you might think.

Post a Comment

0 Comments